With the help of easy setup guidance from the official HP store website, it is very easy to set-up your HP printer completely. Because after purchasing the printer, users need to set it up and download the drivers too, so that they can get great quality HD prints using their amazing HP printer. The latest version of printers can be wireless. If you are using an HP wireless printer that is wirelessly connected to the computer for a long time and therefore facing some issues, there is no need to worry. You can change the connection to a USB connection and enjoy the same printing experience. Now you must be thinking about how to change the HP printer wireless connection to USB connection? Hence in this blog you will find step by step guidelines that will help you in accomplishing the connection on your own, or with the help of your HP printer on rent person.
With the help of a USB cable, you can seamlessly convert the printer’s connection from wireless to USB. After setting up your new HP printer, when the time comes to connect it with the network you can either choose wireless setup or USB setup. In wireless setup, you will get more than one network option, while in the USB, you just have to connect the Ethernet cable with a router and the computer’s CPU.
However, to move further with the setup, you need to have:
A functioning wireless network that works correctly within a wireless router.
SSID of the wireless network router you are working on.
If the network is password protected, then you need a WEP key or WPA password.
After ensuring that you have access to all these things, now you can connect your HP printer with the router via the USB cable connection. If you do not know these, please get help from your local HP printer repair service.
Steps To Change From Wireless Connection To USB
Here in this section, you will find out about the essential steps to change the HP Printer to USB connection. So here are the steps:
- First, you need to disconnect manually or remotely your printer from your computer.
- Next, open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Then, select the option that says Printer and Faxes.
- Now, you simply have to click on the “wireless all-in-one printer” and then press the “Delete” button.
- Once this is done, connect the USB cable to your printer and computer ports.
- Turn on your printer now.
- After this, you have to install the required softwares.
- For the last process, click on ‘Start’ on your computer and then ‘All Programs’.
- Now go to the HP folder to select HP Printer Network Setup Utility.
- Select the USB model number for the printer you have and then click on the “Next” button.
- Note that once you have made the connection between the printer and the computer, the printer driver gets installed.
- When the promt “Printer driver installation complete” appears, click on the Done button.
After the final step, you will see that your printer is now added to the “Printer and Faxes” section and it will be available for printing gorgeous documents from your computer system.
Preeti Khator is a bibliophile and a passionate writer with many interests. She likes to explore the boundaries of geography and writing excites her.