If you want to install your new wireless printer from HP, or are looking for re-installation of your existing HP printer, you have come to the right place. To enjoy the seamless Wi-Fi printing experience, you can either set up using HP Auto Connect portal or use WiFi installation method. The steps are pretty easy and wouldn’t require help from any HP authorised service centre guys.
HP Auto Wireless Connect Setup Method
Latest HP printer models come with the auto connect feature. But the computer /laptop must meet the following requirements:
- HP printers are only compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 versions.
- The system should have an active Wi-Fi connection to your home /office network and must be able to control the Wi-Fi adapter.
- The dynamic IP address is also required.
Steps for Printer Setup –
Download the printer driver from HP printer official website. Then it is very necessary to correctly identify your printer. Please contact your HP printer service centre if you are unable to do so.
Once downloaded, run the software and turn on your printer.
Proceed with the onscreen instructions on your computer uptil the prompt ” Connection Type” comes.
You need to choose the “Wireless” option and press “Yes”.
Send the “Wi-Fi settings” to the printer. This could vary based on the operating system and printer model in use. Once this is detected by the printer, a few more simple instructions will finish the setup process.
Wi-Fi wireless setup method
This method is applicable only for HP printer models with touch screen interface.
Steps for printer setup –
Tap on the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s display panel and go to the network menu. The “Wireless Settings” prompt will direct you towards the “Wi-Fi Setup Wizard”.
The above steps are common to most models but may vary in some. If the panel of your printer does not show some of all of the above prompts, don’t hesitate to contact the HP service associates.
Once you proceed with the next set of on-screen guidelines, you will be asked to choose your network name from the list of identified networks.
After pressing the next button, all you need to do is enter the password for the Wi-Fi network to complete the setup process.
If you are unable to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi – Here’s help
If your printer is unable to connect to the WiFi network due to some minor technical problems, then the below troubleshooting steps might help in resolving the issue.
- Check to make sure that the printer and computer are getting connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that the correct Wi-Fi password is being entered to get connected.
- Check the drivers for pending updates. Sometimes this simple step can cause a printer to behave badly. Manually updating the software may solve the issue at hand.
- One can also try to restart both the printer and the computer,. And after that, they ought to connect to the Wi-Fi again.
Sometimes, the setup problems go beyond the basic, and get out of hand for a layman. At this point, it is always sensible and correct to let them be resolved by the experts then trying by yourself.